Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Williams linked with summer move, Vlahovic battle, Gunners have STRONG interest in Gyokeres

ARSENAL are looking ahead to what is expected to be a HUGE summer transfer window.

A new striker is at the very top of the transfer wishlist, with some huge names linked with a move to North London.

Andrea Berta has now started in his new role as sporting director, and the Italian is said to be a long-term admirer of Sporting superstar Viktor Gyokeres.

Another striker linked with a move to the Emirates is Juventus’ Dusan Vlahovic, but Newcastle, Manchester United and Chelsea are also said to be keen on the forward.

Elsewhere, new sporting director Andrea Berta met with Athletic Bilbao forward Nico Williams’ agent earlier this week to discuss a summer move.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

Follow ALL of the latest news, rumours and transfer updates from the Emirates below…

  • Predicted line-up vs Real Madrid

    There is no let up in Arsenal’s injury crisis – just as Bukayo Saka returned, Gabriel and Jurrien Timber went off with problems.

    The Gunners are defensively down to the bare bones ahead of the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Real Madrid on Tuesday.

    Mikel Arteta has a selection dilemma and SunSport has a look at what he could do.

  • Gabriel to miss Real Madrid clashes?

    Arsenal fear they will be without Gabriel for both legs of their Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid.

    The Mirror claim the centre-back has undergone scans on his injury and he is set to be out for weeks.

    Arsenal are said to be planning to release an official update on Gabriel tonight or tomorrow.

    Credit: Getty
  • ‘Remote controlled’ defence

    Fulham star Sander Berge was full of praise for Arsenal’s defensive setup after Tuesday 2-1 win.

    He said: “I have discussed with Martin Odegaard at the national team camp, their 4-4-2 without the ball it just seems so compact and they seem so comfortable staying there.

    “It is very rare to play teams that find the opposition having the ball beneficial.

    “It is like someone is sitting up in row 50 remote controlling them, they seem so compact and everyone covers the right space all the time.

    “It is difficult to find where to attack them and where to overload them.”

  • Player of the month nominees

    Arsenal fans can now vote for their player of the month via the club’s website. The nominations are:

    • Mikel Merino
    • Declan Rice
    • Ethan Nwaneri
    • Jurrien Timber
  • Arsenal hold Williams talks

    Arsenal are pushing to sign Athletic Bilbao and Spain winger Nico Williams, according to reports.

    The 22-year-old is a long-term Gunners target and within days of officially starting his role, new chief Andrea Berta has set up a meeting with the player’s agent Felix Tainta.

    Williams is said to have a release clause of £48.4m and is open to a move – yet there is strong competition from other top clubs.

  • Merino goal breaks record

    Mikel Merino opened the scoring against Fulham and the goal broke a little-known Premier League record.

    The Spaniard’s shot came after a sequence of 50 uninterrupted passes – the longest-ever recorded consecutive passing sequence leading to a goal in the Prem since records began in the 2006/07 season.

    To make it even sweeter, Spurs’ Nacer Chadli held the record after a strike following 48 uninterrupted passes.

  • Saliba & Gabriel need convincing

    New sporting director Andrea Berta needs to convince Gabriel to stay at Arsenal amid strong interest from Saudi Arabia this summer.

    And ex-Gunner Mikael Silvestre believes he has a similar job to do with centre-back partner William Saliba.

    He told 10bet: “It’s important to listen to what the plans are from the manager, from the new sporting director coming in.

    “He can’t make demands or get guarantees, but at least he needs to know the willingness and the desire of the management to push for the title.

    “It will be his decision whether or not he’s committing more and more years to Arsenal.

    “For him to stay at Arsenal, he has to be convinced by the vision of the club and the project. He needs to believe that he can win the major prizes playing for Arsenal.”

  • Berta in the building

    Andrea Berta was spotted in the stands for the first time as Arsenal beat Fulham 2-1 on Tuesday night.

    He was pictured sat alongside chiefs Tim Lewis and Richard Garlick.

    Berta, who has ended his 12 years as sporting director of Atletico Madrid, replaces Edu who quit earlier this season.

    image
    Credit: PA
  • Vying for Victor

    Regular Manchester United and Arsenal target Victor Osimhen has reportedly decided he wants a Prem move.

    The Nigeria striker, 26, is thriving on loan at Galatasaray from Napoli.

    image
    Credit: Getty

    He’s notched 26 goals and five assists in 31 matches.

    Osimhen is understood to have a release clause of £100million.

    And TBR Football claim the former Lille hero is keen on a permanent switch to England.

    It’s even suggested Osimhen would be willing to join United without European football.

    And the Daily Mail’s Chris Wheeler reckons the Red Devils might consider including Alejandro Garnacho in a swap deal.

  • Isak and Guimaraes top Arsenal fans’ search list

    Arsenal have been linked with a host of world-class strikers this summer.

    And it’s no surprise which player tops the list of Internet searches from Gunners’ fans.

    image
    Credit: Reuters

    Yep, it’s Newcastle hitman Alexander isak.

    But some of the other names might shock you – not least as a few of them haven’t really been mentioned in all the transfre speculation.

    Big Fat Links came up with the list after monitoring online activity from supporters of major clubs.

    Here’s how it came out for the Gunners:

    1. Alexander Isak: 237,150 searches 
    2. Bruno Guimarães: 152,250 searches (fastest rising trend)
    3. Ollie Watkins: 184,200 searches
    4. Luis Diaz: 52,600 searches
    5. Matheus Cunha: 34,150 searches
    6. Benjamin Sesko: 31,450 searches
    7. Roberto Firmino: 27,400 searches
    8. Alvaro Morata: 21,450 searches
    9. Bryan Mbuemo: 19,725 searches
    10. Joshua Kimmich: 18,900 searches
    11. Leroy Sane: 16,900 searches
    12. Lautaro Martinez: 15,900 searches
    13. Jorrel Hato: 9,250 searches 
    14. Pablo Barrios: 3,250 searches 
    15. Samu Aghehowa: 2,725 searches 
  • Vik’s emotions as Prem giants chase Swede

    Ex-United star Nani has urged Manchester United to break the bank and land Arsenal target Viktor Gyokeres.

    The Sporting Lisbon striker is one of Europe’s most sought-after stars.

    Nani told Rio Ferdinand’s podcast: “I would love to see him at Manchester United because we need players.

    “If he can go to Manchester United and do the same that he’s doing here, I would be very happy because he scores so many goals.

    “He scores every week! If he doesn’t score, he assists, he creates for the team.

    “He’s very powerful, he’s a player who can run for 90 minutes at the same speed. It’s incredible.”

  • Prem clubs queue for Vlahovic

    Juventus hitman Dusan Vlahovic could finally be heading to the Prem this summer.

    But there would be an almighty scrap for the 25-year-old.

    Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all being linked with the 34-cap Serb.

    Reports in Italy suggest the ex-Fiorentina hero might well leave Juve after three years.

    image
    Credit: Rex
  • Prem giants linked to Xavi

    Xavi Simons is reportedly being eyed by a string of Prem giants – despite only joining RB Leipzig from PSG in January.

    Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano reckons Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have been monitoring the Dutchman’s situation.

    Romano believes the 21-year-old could be available in the summer for around £60million.

    And the Prem is rated a probable destination if the exciting talent, who can play as a winger or attacking midfielder, does move on.

  • Osimhen ‘keen on Prem move’

    Regular Manchester United and Arsenal target Victor Osimhen has reportedly decided he wants a Prem move.

    The Nigeria striker, 26, is thriving on loan at Galatasaray from Napoli.

    image
    Credit: Getty

    He’s notched 26 goals and five assists in 31 matches.

    Osimhen is understood to have a release clause of £100million.

    And TBR Football claim the former Lille hero is keen on a permanent switch to England.

    It’s even suggested Osimhen would be willing to join United without European football.

    And the Daily Mail’s Chris Wheeler reckons the Red Devils might consider including Alejandro Garnacho in a swap deal.

  • ‘Arsenal & Man Utd monitoring Simons’

    Xavi Simons is reportedly being eyed by a string of Prem giants – despite only joining RB Leipzig from PSG in January.

    Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano reckons Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have been monitoring the Dutchman’s situation.

    Romano believes the 21-year-old could be available in the summer for around £60million.

    And the Prem is rated a probable destination if the exciting talent, who can play as a winger or attacking midfielder, does move on.

    image
    Credit: EPA
  • Gabriel’s wife speaks out on his injury

    Gabriel Magalhaes’ wife Gabrielle Figueiredo reveals the Arsenal star missed a big screening due to his injury.

    Gabriel added to the Gunners’ defensive fitness worries by limping off early in last night’s 2-1 win over Fulham.

    Figueiredo said at a special night for Amazon Prime’s Married To The Game: “It’s difficult.

    Gabrielle Figueiredo was at the screening without her husband Gabriel
    Gabrielle Figueiredo was at the screening without her husband GabrielCredit: Rex

    “I think the perfect example is now, because he got injured yesterday. 

    ‘So that is why he’s not here with me today. He would love to be here. I would love to be here with him. 

    ‘Yesterday we got the news he got injured, and now he is with the doctor having scans. So this is the real life, and we were never expected to anything like this.”

    She's shared pictures of the couple on social media
    She’s shared pictures of the couple on social mediaCredit: Instagram / @gaabisevero
  • Red Devils & Gunners linked to Dusan

    Juventus hitman Dusan Vlahovic could finally be heading to the Prem this summer.

    But there would be an almighty scrap for the 25-year-old.

    Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all being linked with the 34-cap Serb.

    Reports in Italy suggest the ex-Fiorentina hero might well leave Juve after three years.

    image
    Credit: Rex
  • Transfer targets Arsenal fans are most keen on

    Arsenal have been linked with a host of world-class strikers this summer.

    And it’s no surprise which player tops the list of Internet searches from Gunners’ fans.

    Alexander Isak heads the list for Arsenal fans
    Alexander Isak heads the list for Arsenal fansCredit: Reuters

    Yep, it’s Newcastle hitman Alexander isak.

    But some of the other names might shock you – not least as a few of them haven’t really been mentioned in all the transfre speculation.

    Big Fat Links came up with the list after monitoring online activity from supporters of major clubs.

    Here’s how it came out for the Gunners:

    1. Alexander Isak: 237,150 searches 
    2. Bruno Guimarães: 152,250 searches (fastest rising trend)
    3. Ollie Watkins: 184,200 searches
    4. Luis Diaz: 52,600 searches
    5. Matheus Cunha: 34,150 searches
    6. Benjamin Sesko: 31,450 searches
    7. Roberto Firmino: 27,400 searches
    8. Alvaro Morata: 21,450 searches
    9. Bryan Mbuemo: 19,725 searches
    10. Joshua Kimmich: 18,900 searches
    11. Leroy Sane: 16,900 searches
    12. Lautaro Martinez: 15,900 searches
    13. Jorrel Hato: 9,250 searches 
    14. Pablo Barrios: 3,250 searches 
    15. Samu Aghehowa: 2,725 searches 
  • Kolo Muani could be Gunners’ back-up target

    Randal Kolo Muani might well have squeezed onto Mikel Arteta’s five-man striking wishlist.

    Alexander Isak and Viktor Gyokeres are rated the dream recruits.

    But now it’s reckoned the 29-cap Frenchman could be back on the radar.

    The 26-year-old is on loan at Juventus from PSG.

    And Italian outlet TuttoJuve claim the Gunners and Newcastle are already sniffing around ahead of the summer transfer window.

    image
    Credit: Rex
  • Red Devils urged to hunt ‘Arsenal target’ Gyokeres

    Ex-United star Nani has urged Manchester United to break the bank and land Arsenal target Viktor Gyokeres.

    The Sporting Lisbon striker is one of Europe’s most sought-after stars.

    Nani told Rio Ferdinand’s podcast: “I would love to see him at Manchester United because we need players.

    “If he can go to Manchester United and do the same that he’s doing here, I would be very happy because he scores so many goals.

    “He scores every week! If he doesn’t score, he assists, he creates for the team.

    “He’s very powerful, he’s a player who can run for 90 minutes at the same speed. It’s incredible.”

  • Sak it off

    Arsenal are resigned to missing out on Alexander Isak this summer, according to reports.

    The Swede striker is enjoying a stunning year for Newcastle, who have put a £150million price tag on his head.

    Insider Graeme Bailey claims Liverpool is the most likely destination should Isak leave the North East, with the Gunners turning their attention to Viktor Gyokeres.

    But Toon are desperate to hold onto their prize asset, and it will take a mammoth offer for them to sell.

  • Gunners face defensive crisis against Real

    ARSENAL have been plunged into yet another injury crisis – and it could not have come at a worse time.

    Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is facing the prospect of missing FOUR defensive starters for a mammoth Champions League quarter final first leg tie at home to Real Madrid next week.

    Central defender Gabriel and right-back Jurrien Timber were crocked against Fulham last night.

    Ben White and Riccardo Calafiori have also been in the treatment room, due to knee problems.

    Click below for a full breakdown on how the Gunners might need to line up against the Spanish giants.

  • Gyok ‘preference’

    Viktor Gyokeres would reportedly prefer a move to Arsenal over Manchester United.

    The Sporting Lisbon striker has become one of Europe’s most sought-after stars after netting 42 goals in his last 42 games.

    According to Portuguese outlet A Bola, the Swedish international favours a summer move to north London over Old Trafford.

    The publication claims Sporting are willing to listen to offers for the striker.

    image
    Credit: Getty
  • Vlahovic race

    Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all reportedly interested in Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic.

    The 25-year-old is about to head into the final 12 months of his contract in Turin.

    Gazzetta dello Sport report Vlahovic has Juve’s blessing to leave for the Premier League – but his destination remains uncertain.

    image
    Credit: AFP
  • Guess who’s Bak

    Bukayo Saka’s return against Fulham was hailed by Hollywood royalty.

    The Arsenal winger returned from injury after over 100 days away – and took just seven minutes to find the net.

    Film star Anne Hathaway took to Instagram after the game to hail the return of the England winger.

    Posing in an Arsenal away strip, she wrote: “Welcome back #7”

    image