LIVERPOOL are all set to defend their Champions League title.
Jurgen Klopp’s men saw off Spurs back in June to end a 14-year drought in the competition – but there’s a host of European giants hopeful of replacing them this term.
When is the Champions League group stage draw?
FANS don’t have to wait long to find out who their side will be playing in this year’s competition.
The final qualifying play-off ties will be completed on August 28.
And the draw will take place the following day on Thursday, August 29.
It will be hosted in the lavish surroundings of Monaco and will likely get started at 5pm UK time.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch on?
YOU can watch all of the groups take shape on BT Sport.
If you’re a BT customer, download the BT Sport app to watch wherever you are.
Everyone else, don’t worry – Uefa will provide a free live stream on their official website.
- Liverpool (ENG, holders)
- Chelsea (ENG, UEFA Europa League winners)
- Barcelona (ESP)
- Manchester City (ENG)
- Juventus (ITA)
- Bayern Munich (GER)
- Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
- Zenit (RUS)
Pots to be confirmed
- Real Madrid (ESP)
- Atletico Madrid (ESP)
- Borussia Dortmund (GER)
- Napoli (ITA)
- Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
- Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
- Benfica (POR)
- Lyon (FRA)
- Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
- Salzburg (AUT)
- Valencia (ESP)
- Inter Milan (ITA)
- Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)Genk (BEL)
- Galatasaray (TUR)
- RB Leipzig (GER)
- Atalanta (ITA)
- Lille (FRA)
How does the draw work?
- 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage will be joined by the six winners of the play-off ties.
- The teams will then be split into four seeding pots.
- Pot 1 consists of the holders, Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations. Pots 2 to 4 are determined by the club coefficient rankings.
- No team can play a club from their own association, with the exact draw procedure to be confirmed before the ceremony.
- The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League.
Champions League 2019/20 schedule
- Play off round, first leg – August 20/21
- Play off round, second leg – August 27/28
- Group stage draw, Monaco – August 29
- Group stage, matchday one – September 17/18
- Group stage, matchday two – October 1/2
- Group stage, matchday three – October 22/23
- Group stage, matchday four – November 5/6
- Group stage, matchday five – November 26/27
- Group stage, matchday six – December 10/11
- Round of 16 draw, Nyon – December 16
- Round of 16, first leg – February 18/19 and 25/26
- Round of 16, second leg – March 10/11 and 17/18
- Quarter final and semi-final draw, Nyon – March 20
- Quarter finals, first leg – April 7/8
- Quarter finals, second leg – April 14/15
- Semi finals, first leg – April 28/29
- Semi finals, second leg – May 5/6
- Final, Istanbul – May 30