MANCHESTER UNITED face a tough task as they head to the cauldron of the Wanda Metropolitano to take on Atletico Madrid.
The Red Devils have won their last two league games on the spin with the latest being a 4-2 triumph in the rain at Elland Road.
However, tougher opposition lies ahead when they come up against Diego Simeone’s red and white wall on tonight.
Atleti will be going into this fixture off the back of an emphatic win themselves beating Osasuna 3-0 away from home.
The Red Devils’ preparations for this match were disrupted, however, by tensions in Ukraine.
United scrambled to find another airline to take them to Madrid, rather than use their official partners – Russian carrier Aeroflot.
What time does Atletico Madrid vs Man Utd kick off?
- Atletico Madrid vs Manchester United takes place on Wednesday, February 23 – TONIGHT.
- The match is scheduled to kick-off at 8pm UK time – 9pm local time.
- It is happening at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Spain.
- This is the first time the clubs have met since the UEFA European Cup Winners Cup tie in 1991 which Atletico Madrid won on aggregate (4-1).
- There are no away goals in the Champions League this season.
What TV channel is Atletico Madrid vs Man Utd on and can I live stream it?
- Atletico Madrid vs Manchester United will be live on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD.
- The coverage commences at 7pm UK time or 8pm local time – one hour before kick-off.
- To stream the game live, head to the BT Sport website or app.
Thomas Lemar is a doubt for Atletico Madrid after missing this weekend’s match against Osasuna due to a close contact with a positive Covid case.
Antoine Griezmann returned to the bench for the first time since early January but it remains to be seen whether he will be able to play.
Matheus Cunha and Daniel Wass are both out with knee injuries.
Man Utd have very few injury issues. Nemanja Matic and Raphael Varane both returned to the bench for the win at Leeds, with Varane coming on in the second half.
But Edinson Cavani remains out with a groin injury.
Atletico Madrid to win – 6/4
Draw – 21/10
Manchester United to win – 21/10
*Odds courtesy of Betfair correct as of Monday, February 21