After his comeback victory against homeboy, Luke Martin, in Australia last year, Sydney-based Nigeria professional boxer, Nestor Bolum, is set for another contest in the same country. This time, he will face another homeboy, Tyler Billzard, for the vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) Australiasian title on June 30. It is a 10-round contest.
The fight is being promoted by Neutral Corner Fight Promotion PRO Boxing Revesby Workers. The Delta State-born Bolum, who represented Nigeria at Athens 2004 Olympic Games, used the fight against Martin in November last year as a comeback bout ahead of his plans for a world title shot this year.
Speaking with The Guardian from his base in Sydney, yesterday, Bolum said: “I was supposed to fight Billzard on March 25, but I had a muscle tear on my shoulder during training. But we have agreed to fight on June 30 for vacant WBF Australiasian title.”
The fight against Billzard will be a 10-round contest and Bolum said he is doing everything possible to conquer the homeboy to claim the title.
The Guardian recalls that Bolum, an ex-Nigerian Airforce officer, won his comeback fight last November by beating Martin, a native of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, in a six-round contest via a majority decision by the judges.