CRISTIANO RONALDO is set to finally make his long-awaited return to club football – and he’ll be up against a familiar foe in Lionel Messi.
The Portuguese legend will be representing Saudi All-Star XI in a friendly fixture against Paris Saint-Germain.
And excitement is brewing as this is Ronaldo’s first piece of club football action since his controversial sacking from Manchester United.
But the limelight will be shared with Lionel Messi predicted to play for PSG at some point.
However, it should result in a fascinating showing as both players are expected to reignite their feud from when they played against each other in La Liga.
When is Saudi All-Star XI vs PSG?
- Saudi All-Star XI’s eye-catching encounter against Paris Saint-Germain will happen on Thursday, January 19.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 5pm UK time – 8pm local time.
- King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is the allocated arena for this match and it can host approximately 68,752 supporters.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi last met in a 2020 Champions League fixture between Juventus and Barcelona.
Is Saudi All-Star XI vs PSG on TV and can it be live streamed?
- Unfortunately, Saudi All-Star XI vs PSG will NOT be broadcast live on any of the UK TV channels.
- However, PSG’s official channel is set to be showing the entire action.
- Alternatively, subscription members can head to the beIN SPORTS streaming service as they will have access to the match.
- Or follow SunSport’s live blog to keep up with minute-by-minute coverage.
What is the team news?
Cristiano Ronaldo will captain the All-Star XI side and he could be partnered by Vincent Aboubakar who reportedly had his contract terminated in wake of Ronaldo’s signature at Al Nassr
But another former Manchester United forward, Odion Ighalo, is also expected to be in the side.
However, ex-Arsenal keeper David Ospina has been ruled out with an elbow injury.
Elsewhere, PSG boss Christophe Galtier could be tempted to go strong before resting his big hitters ahead of their return to French Cup action.
And that means a potential start for the trio of Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and World Cup winner Lionel Messi.