IRAN take on USA in their final mouth-watering Group B clash TONIGHT and there is much more than pride on the line.
Late goals from Roozbeh Cheshmi and Ramin Rezaeian inspired the Iranians to a dramatic win over Wales.
And as a result, it meant Iran jumped up to second spot in the table – just a point off table-topping England.
However, USA have the opportunity to secure a qualification place with a win over the Iranians.
But both could bizarrely end up missing out if they draw and Wales beat the Three Lions by a four-goal margin.
BETTING SPECIAL – GET £40 IN FREE BETS ON THE WORLD CUP
When is Iran vs USA?
- Iran’s clash with USA will take place TONIGHT – Tuesday, November 29.
- The game will kick off from 7pm UK time.
- Iran vs USA will be held at the Al Thumama Stadium, which can hold 40,000 people.
- The two sides have played each other once before – at the 1998 World Cup in France, and the game finished 2-1 to Iran.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Iran vs USA will be shown live on BBC One in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the BBC iPlayer, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch it for FREE?
Yes, the game will be available to watch for FREE in the UK, so long as you have a TV licence.
What is the team news?
Iran are expected to be without former Brighton star Alireza Jahanbakhsh having received two yellow cards in the tournament.
And main man Azmoun is also a doubt following his visibility problems against Wales.
Elsewhere, USA have no fresh injury concerns so it’s predicted that Gregg Berhalter will go with his strongest side.
- Iran to win 29/10
- Draw 12/5
- USA to win 21/20
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
USA starting line-up
Matt Turner, Sergino Dest, Tyler Adams, Antonee Robinson, Yunus Musah, Weston McKennie, Christian Pulisic, Tim Ream, Cameron Carter-Vickers Tim Weah, Josh Sargent.
Welcome to Iran vs USA
Good evening and welcome to SunSport’s coverage of Iran vs USA.
Both teams need a win today to secure their place in the World Cup knockout stages.
Anything less, and either side could be on the next flight home.
But, they won’t know their fate in the tournament until full-time as group-toppers England will be taking on fourth-placed Wales at the same time.
Two places in the round-of-16 are up for grabs, but who will take them?