CRISTIANO RONALDO appeared to drop a hint about his next club during his Piers Morgan interview.
The 37-year-old’s Manchester United contract was ripped up on Tuesday as the club confirmed his deal had been terminated by “mutual consent”.
He is now a free agent heading into the January transfer window, but it is unclear where he will end up.
He initially claimed he had turned down £3MILLION PER WEEK to join a team in Saudi Arabia.
And, speaking about his future, he then said: “You go [to] the clubs. But Jorge Mendes for example, has more than 100 players and they go Chelsea, they go Arsenal, they always mention Cristiano Ronaldo, they offer Cristiano.
“Piers, let’s be honest, who is the most expensive player, salary player, that Premier League had in history? It’s me, even with 37 years old. Why they’re gonna…even… they even offer me to Sporting or Napoli?
“I will be honest with you, I didn’t have many, many clubs. But I have many, many offers of other clubs. I didn’t change because I didn’t plan to do it.
“But what the press keeps saying, the garbage, is that nobody wants me, which is completely wrong.
“And I was happy here [at Man Utd] to be honest. I was motivated to do a great season here. But they continue to repeat that nobody wants Cristiano.
“How they don’t want a player who scored 32 goals last year, [including] with national team?”
Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorim has kept the door open about a possible move for Ronaldo.
Speaking about the Portuguese legend’s interview with Morgan, Amorim, via Ojogo, said: “I’ve been asked this question a thousand times. Ronaldo is a Manchester United player.
“Everyone at Sporting likes him, there’s not much to say. He himself says he wants to do things in peace to follow his future.”