THE Premier League is back.
After more than three months away, Project Restart is finally here and the action can resume following a lengthy suspension for coronavirus.
First up and Aston Villa host high-flying Sheffield United in the first of a Prem double header.
The hosts are fighting relegation to the Championship and sit 19th, two points adrift, while the Blades are enjoying a terrific campaign and are within striking distance of the European spots.
When is Aston Villa vs Sheffield United?
- This match is the Premier League curtain raiser and welcomes top-flight action back for the first time since March 9.
- Kick-off at an empty Villa Park is set for 6pm BST, which is 1pm ET.
- Get used to these odd kick-off times, with every Prem game until the end of the season staggered for TV.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
- You can catch this game live on Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra HD.
- Coverage begins at 5pm.
- If you’re a Sky customer, download the Sky Go app to stream wherever you are.
- Non-subscribers can grab a NOW TV pass from £9.99 which will allow you to watch all the action on numerous devices.
- Aston Villa have lost their last four Premier League matches and have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine in the competition.
- Villa have lost two of their last three league meetings against Sheffield United (D1), as many as in their previous 14 against the Blades (W7 D5 L2).
- Only Liverpool (9) have conceded fewer away goals than Sheffield United in the Premier League this season (12), with the Blades the only side yet to concede more than twice in a game on the road this term.
- After a run of 16 games without a goal, Sheffield United’s Billy Sharp has scored three goals in his last four games in all competitions. He last scored in three consecutive games for the Blades in February 2019.
What is the team news?
Aston Villa have midfielder John McGinn available for the first time since December.
The Scotsman had suffered a fractured ankle.
Sheffield United have no new concerns and a fully fit squad going into the Premier League return.
- Villa to win – 19/10
- Draw – 9/4
- Sheff Utd to win – 7/5
- Both teams to score – 7/10
- Over 2.5 goals – 10/11
- Jack Grealish to score – 5/2
*All odds from Ladbrokes and correct at time of publication.